1-2-1 Photography Courses In Scotland
Short 1-2-1 photo workshops are ideal for beginners and enthusiasts alike, and make great gifts for beginners or photographers looking to improve their skills.
Fast track your knowledge with these hands-on courses. Short, affordable and taught in plain English.
Perfect for people who have previously attended any workshop and wish to expand their knowledge, reinforce previous info or try a new technique.
1-2-1 photography workshops are the perfect solution if you prefer to learn on a 1-2-1 basis rather than in a classroom setting? Study at your own pace and receive in-depth, personal tuition from your friendly, local expert.
Maybe you would simply like some practice time with a hands-on guide giving creative advice and constructive critical feedback… one of the very best ways to improve your ‘good shot rate’.
What Will I Learn?
There are no set topics on 1-2-1. The sessions are tailored to whatever you wish to study.
Before you attend, you can chat with the tutor and discuss what camera you have and what you would like to cover. Here is a list of our most requested and popular sessions:
- Camera basics for beginners including menus, buttons and dials
- Specific techniques such as Macro, Landscape, Portrait, Action, Low Light, Still Life or Long Exposure
- Understanding intermediate modes such as Av, Tv or P
- Get Off Auto or How to Go Fully Manual
- B+W street, architectural and portrait
- Flash photography
- Learning to use Studio Flash at the studio in Edinburgh
- A photo walk to practice general street photography
- Fixing and expanding on focusing issues and techniques
- Lightroom editing
- Print and image clinic… assesment, feedback and re-edit of your images on my system.
- Learn to set-up your home studio
- How to take better pictures of your children and pets.
- When and how to use Filters, Tripods and accesories
- Beginners guide to video basics.
Feel free to email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to book a workshop with a friend, small club or workgroup.
Different days are available including weekends, which can be reserved in advance by email.
What can I bring into the event?
Bring a fully charged camera, clean formatted CF or SD cards, and weather appropriate clothing if you wish to venture outside.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?
Yes. They make great gifts for friends, family and colleagues.