Discover the secrets in my three hour photography workshop.
Join a small fun class with other beginners and start to gain more control of your camera, or BUY A VOUCHER for a friend
Come along to our Edinburgh studio and enjoy this three hour photography workshop, which explains how to use your camera in easy steps. Here is what you will discover about your camera.
- Taught in plain English by an experienced tutor
- Quick overview of lens and body
- Menus: How to access both menus and why
- Common shoot modes and external buttons
- Which Mode? Symbol or P A S M?
- What does the stuff on the screen mean?
- How to change Focus Points
- How to change Aperture and ISO
- What is my Shutter Speed and why is it important?
- Avoiding camera shake and blurry images
- Taking pictures and reviewing info on the screen
- Making images lighter and darker, in camera
- Basics of composition
What will I learn on this three hour photography workshop?
This is the ideal photo course for complete beginners, or those with new cameras that want help with the controls and buttons.
It is designed as a fun, short 3 hour starter session with an emphasis on playing with the camera and exploring some of the key functions with a beginners guide to getting correct exposures.
The photo workshop is limited to 3 hours so that you avoid brain fatigue, and acts as a preliminary class for further, more in-depth workshops, should you wish to improve. A worksheet is provided to help you remember what buttons do what!
If you have a small group of friends and family that wish to attend together, then get in touch to arrange a date and a discounted group rate.
Great for teachers or Duke Of Edinburgh students wishing to brush up your knowledge and practical skills.
Perfect for students wishing to learn the basics before they head off to art college.
Classes are limited to 8 people maximum for a more personal touch.
“… Perfect introduction for me, as I was given a new camera and didn’t know where to start with all the buttons…” Janice, Fife
“… Excellent tutor, friendly, and pitched at the right level for me and my daughter, as beginners…” Robert, Glasgow
“… Completely fixed my focusing problems I was having, which has really helped me take better pictures of the kids…” Dougie, Edinburgh
“… Did a 1-2-1 and it really opened my eyes to the artistic things I had been missing. Enjoyable and educational…” Craig, Edinburgh